Step 1 – Create an Application Account
Visit The Graduate School and click on Apply Now and select Degree Seeking
- Create an account
- Access the online application
- Review processing status any time
- Complete entire application to avoid delays in processing
- Completely fill out the Academic History section including any prior degrees earned.
- Add the contact information for three recommenders – the recommenders will receive notification to upload a letter of recommendation from the Graduate School.
- Upload your personal statement into Supplemental Document A. Be sure to proofread and edit your statement before submitting.
- Upload resume/CV as Supplemental Document B.
- Optional: Upload any additional documents you may want the admissions reviewers to see (such as a writing sample) as Supplemental Document C.
- Check to make sure your equipment meets the minimum computer requirements for online programs here.
- No changes allowed to application after submission unless you submit the Request to Change Information Form to the Graduate School. Access form here.
- Contact the MAAS Advisor if your GPA is less than 3.0.
- Admission is valid only for the term specified in your admission letter. If you do not register, you may need to reapply.
- Students may transfer up to 11 hours of graduate credits with the approval of the program and the Dean of the Graduate School. Access form here.
Step 2 – Submit Transcripts
You will need unofficial and official transcripts to complete your application.
Upload an unofficial transcript showing an earned baccalaureate degree, as part of your digital application.
- If you earned your undergraduate degree from UNCG, you do not need to upload a UNCG transcript.
- Degree evaluations/audits will not be accepted.
Order official transcripts from universities attended (except UNCG).
- If you attended multiple universities, you only need to submit the transcript from where the degree was earned, provided the other university credits are reflected on the final transcript.
- Applicants whose baccalaureate degree is from a college or university outside the United States must submit proof of graduation (typically through separate degree certificates or diplomas) along with certified English translations of their credential if documents are not issued in English. These transcripts will be evaluated by UNCG.
- Send Official Transcripts to:
The Graduate School
241 Mossman Building
1202 Spring Garden Street
Greensboro, NC 27412
Step 3 – Submit Letters of Recommendation
To complete your application, you must supply names and contact information, including email, for 3 recommenders.
The Graduate School will email each recommender with an access code and instructions for sending their letter of recommendation.
A good recommender will be able to comment on your professional and educational potential. Your recommenders could be
- Professors, or
- Others who can reliably speak to your potential.
Not sure who to ask? Read this article for guidance.
Step 4 – Write a Personal Statement
Please write a personal statement that answers all the following questions:
- What questions do you wish to explore?
- What issues do you hope to study?
- How can the program further your personal or professional aims?
- What special abilities, personal qualities and life experience do you bring to the program?
NOTE: Personal statements are approximately 1,500 words in length in 12pt font and double-spaced.
Step 5 – Pay $65 Fee
- You may use American Express, Discover, VISA, or Master Card.
- Your application will not be processed until the fee is paid.